Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Tuesday Day Trading: EMD Chart replaces ER Market


Since the ER is moving to the ICE, I have been trading 1 contract on the EMD at times to see the liquidity. Right now my broker has a special all in round turn on this contract of $1.50 until the end of the year. So I have been testing the waters with the EMD. This contract is the one that the CME Group is pushing to replace the ER that is moving exchanges.

I have had no problems with trading 1 contract on it. I am getting good fills and it has been hitting my limits with a little bit of slippage on entry and exit. In any case, so far so good in this electronic market. I have seen the volume continue to pick up.

In any case I had a quick $300 profit in this market. It trades $10 per tic just like the ER. I would recommend you taking a look at this contract. If you want the name of my broker to talk to him, by all means shoot me an email.

David AKA Tiger

No comments: