Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Wednesday Day Trading: ES Trades

Today was a lesson in humility in my trading. I experienced an early breakeven WIN in ZB, then proceeded to lose 2 trades. After the market opened, I had my first non winning trade at 9:45AM. This trade was according to plan on a Spike Reversal and I was looking for it to fill the gap. This hit my stop.

My next trade was on a reversal on the 9:45AM bar and entered the trade at 10AM Eastern time. This trade ended up as a breakeven plus a tic trade for me. The next trade happened at 10:45AM Eastern after the release of the crude oil report. I was looking for the market to fall, but it decided to change directions and this one was again a non winning trade.

My trading is off today, so I decided to turn off my platform and take a breather for the rest of the day. I felt myself with the desire to press today, just like I would in CRAPS, when I used to play that game. This usually leads to me losing more money, so as hard as it was to stop trading. I did.

The definition of insanity is to do the same thing expecting different results. The market was not cooperating with my trading method today, so I am standing aside for the rest of the day now.

Good Trades to You and hope you had a better day than mine!

David AKA Tiger

No comments: