Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Tuesday Day Trading - ZB Bond Trades



First of all, if you click on the trading image it will show up much larger for your viewing. Today I saw a couple of opportunities to trade the bonds or the ZB contract. One was at either at 8:35AM or 8:50AM EST. The other was at 11:20AM EST.

There was a RED REPORT release on the PPI at 8:30AM EST, so I was on the sidelines until after the release of this report. As you can see, the trade at 8:50AM Eastern Time, went right on to target in one bar. This was a very nice and easy trade to make this morning. The other at 8:35AM was a nice trade. My only concern on this trade was not warranted was a crossing thru the price lines especially the greenline.

The other ZB bond trade was at 11:20AM Eastern time. This trade had to be managed as we approached the morning high and resistance area that formed earlier in the morning. I moved my stop up accordingly, to take advantage of a profitable trade and to make sure not to allow a WINNER turn into a LOSING TRADE.

I traded both of these trades today for profit and made my weekly goal today. I will be observing the market for the rest of the week as we head into the Memorial Day Holiday. For the most part, I do not trade close to a Holiday. Since, I made my weekly goal today my trades for the rest of the week will be what I see in the market.


Best Wishes,

David AKA Tiger

No comments: