Thursday, November 19, 2009

How much can I make trading futures?



Question: I am wondering about doing this full time as a business, and wonder approximately how much on average, I could make every day trading with a 10,000 account?

Isn't that the million dollar question? How much can a make per day/per week/per month/per year?

I come at this from a different direction and it is perhaps it will be new for you. I believe in a concept called leverage for example.

If I make like I did today in the ES, $150 on my first contract, and $350 on my 2nd contract, then this gave me a $500 gain before commission costs, which by the way are insignificant.

As you build your account then you will be increasing your leverage allowing you to trade more contracts per signal that you come across.

For example this same trade with 10 contracts earned $2,500 today. So the round about answer to your question is the following your first goal is to build your account balance up to a point where one trade you could make the weekly goal you are looking for.

This is an example of using a concept called leverage and delta.

I believe the sooner you get away from how much I can make, and come in with the idea that I will build my account up to the point where every trade I take has the potential to make my "weekly goal." Then you know you have arrived.

:)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

what live trading room?